Before you start your session, we may ask you to install an extension. The UserTesting Recorder Extension allows customers to collect a range of valuable data that makes it easier to understand how you use their digital products and services.
Learn more about the extension:
- Why should I install the extension?
- What information will the extension collect?
- Do I have to install the extension, and how do I install it?
- Can I uninstall the extension later?
Why should I install the extension?
Usertesting uses the data to help customers quickly find the most interesting and useful parts of your recording. We use this data to show customers where you might have experienced an issue or to highlight what parts of the experience you enjoyed.
For example, sharing this data with customers can help them improve web-based experiences like:
- Creating a new account
- Browsing and shopping for products
- Looking for content on a support web page
- Using website navigation tools
What information will the extension collect?
This extension allows customers to gather feedback based on actions like:
- Where you click on a web page
- Where you move your cursor across a screen
- How much time you spend on a certain area of a website
- The pages you open to find an item or feature on a website
Do I have to install the extension?
No, installing the extension is optional. If you don't want to add the extension, you can skip this step and continue to your test. To do this, just click the Skip for now button.
How do I install the extension?
The instructions for installing the extension will depend on the web browser you're using:
- Learn how to install the UserTesting Recorder Extension on Google Chrome
- Learn how to install the UserTesting Recorder Extension on Safari
- Learn how to install the UserTesting Recorder Extension on Firefox
Can I uninstall the extension later?
Yes, you can remove the extension after you finish your test. For help, find out how to manage and uninstall extensions on: