If something unexpected happens during your test, you may need to quit the test or report a problem to let us know. Review when you should report a problem or quit a test.
In this article, you’ll learn how to handle this situation when taking a test on your computer.
The steps you’ll follow to quit a test or report a problem will depend on the browser you’re using:
- If you’re taking your test on Google Chrome, follow the instructions for the UserTesting Browser Recorder.
- If you’re taking your test on Safari, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge, follow the instructions for the Seamless Desktop Recorder.
UserTesting Browser Recorder
To quit a test or report a problem from the UserTesting Browser Recorder:
- Click on the question mark symbol on the task widget.
- When you click the question mark symbol, the Help menu will open and your recording will automatically pause so that you can select one of the following options:
- The website or app didn't open
- Report a problem
- Quit this test
Seamless Desktop Recorder
To quit a test from the Seamless Desktop Recorder:
- Click the Quit test button.
- If you decide you don’t want to quit the test, you can click the Continue test button instead. Otherwise, click Quit test.
- You’ll know you've successfully quit your test when you see the Test canceled message.
To report a problem from the Seamless Desktop Recorder:
- Click the Help button.
Before you continue, you’ll have the chance to review some support resources, including a link to our Contributor Support Center and a video with tips on how to provide feedback during your test.
- Click the Report a Problem button.
- On the Report a problem screen, select the option that best describes your problem, and then provide a detailed description in the More details section.
- Check over the form to make sure everything looks right and that you’ve provided as much detail as possible. When you’re ready to send the report, click the Submit button.