Sometimes, you may experience technical issues with the screen recorder. These problems could include having trouble sharing your screen or noticing the recorder is frozen.
We want to make sure you can still share your feedback, so here are a few troubleshooting tips:
- Confirm your device meets our minimum requirements
- Follow our macOS setup instructions
- Check your device settings
- Retry the test in an incognito/private browser
- Contact our Support team
Confirm your device meets our minimum requirements
To use our screen recorder, you should have a compatible device.
- Operating system: Windows 7, 8, 10, or 11
- Browser: Chrome, Firefox, Edge (latest version)
- Upload speed: A least 3.0 Mbps (5.0 Mbps recommended)
- Maximum screen resolution: 1920x1080
- Screen ratio: 16:9
- Operating system: OS X 10.15 or higher
- Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari (latest version)
- Upload speed: At least 3.0 Mbps (5.0 Mbps recommended)
- Maximum screen resolution: 1920x1080 (recommended)
- Screen ratio: 16:9 (recommended)
Follow our macOS setup instructions
For macOS, you'll need to follow some extra steps to set up the recorder properly:
Learn how to:
TIP: For additional macOS support, review our article that covers how to fix macOS screen recording issues.
Check your device settings
The software and tools installed on your computer can interfere with the recorder. To make sure this doesn't happen, please confirm you've done the following:
- Logged into an admin account on your computer
- Checked your antivirus and firewall settings
- Disconnected from your VPN
- Temporarily disabled any browser extensions
Retry the test in an incognito/private browser window
If you're still having trouble with the recorder, you may need to enter the session in incognito mode. You can start a new session by opening the test in an incognito/private browser window.
Please follow these steps:
- Copy your test link.
- Open an incognito/private browser window.
- Make sure you don't have any other browsers open.
- Use the test link to relaunch your test in the incognito/private browser.
Contact our Support team
If none of these troubleshooting steps resolve the recorder issue, please get in touch with Support for help.
When you complete the support form, please provide as much information as possible so our team can help you quickly. This should include:
- A detailed summary of the issue
- The test link