When you accept an App Test on your mobile device, this could mean that you will test an app available in the app store or an unreleased app, which is an app that is not available in the app store.
In this article, we’ll walk through the process to start an Unreleased App Test.
1. To start an Unreleased App Test, click Accept or Take Screener from your mobile dashboard.
2. Follow the instructions in the pre-recording and tutorial screens.
3. Since you will be testing an app, you’ll need to be comfortable switching between the UserTesting instructions and the app you will download for the test.
4. Follow the instructions to manually start the recorder on your device. If this is your first time taking a test on an iOS device, please see how to set up screen recording capabilities here.
5. Once you start recording, you’ll see instructions on how to download the unreleased app you’ll be testing.
6. Tap Open Safari to view the install page. Once the install page opens, tap Install until the app begins installing on your device.
7. Once the app is installed, you’ll need to trust the app developer in your device settings since this is not an app in the App Store.
8. To trust the app developer, navigate to Settings > General > Device Management and find the app that you installed.
9. Tap Trust when prompted to do so.
10. Navigate back to the unreleased app you just installed and tap Open in UserTesting. You’ll be taken to the scenario of the test where you can proceed with your test as normal.
To see more information on how to successfully complete a test on your mobile device, see How To: UserTesting App for iOS.