How to grant microphone permission to the UserTesting Browser Recorder
When you install the UserTesting Browser Recorder, you'll need to grant access to your microphone in order to take tests.
To grant microphone access, click "Allow" when prompted to do so in the top-left corner of your browser window:
📌 NOTE: If you’re a Mac user on macOS 10.15 Catalina, you’ll also need to enable the Microphone permission in your System Preferences. Read more here.
Once you click “Allow”, you should see the following success message. Click the blue “Continue” button, and you'll be able to proceed with taking tests.
How to grant camera permission for Face Recording tests
If you choose to participate in Face Recording tests, you'll need to grant the UserTesting Browser Recorder access to your camera.
To grant camera access, click "Allow" when prompted to do so in the top-left corner of your browser window:
Once you do this, you should see the Camera Check populate with your camera's image. For more information about Face Recording tests, read here.
How to reset permissions
If you need to reset your permissions, you can do so in your browser settings by following these steps at any time:
1. Click the three dots in the top-right of your browser window, and navigate to Settings.
2. In your Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
3. In the Advanced section, click on Site Settings.
4. Click on the arrow next to Microphone or Camera.
5. Find UserTesting in the list, and click the arrow next to it.
6. Change your Microphone or Camera preference from Block to Allow.
7. When you return to the page with the UserTesting Browser Recorder, click Reload to apply your new settings.
Thank you for taking the time to learn how to give microphone and camera permission to the UserTesting Browser Recorder. Happy testing!