Q1. What is UserTesting?
A: UserTesting helps companies see, hear, and talk to their customers—you!—as you engage with their products, apps, and overall brand.
Q2. What is expected of me?
A: After installing our recorder, you’ll accept tests where you complete a set of tasks while speaking your thoughts out loud. This can include performing tasks on a website or app, or simply answering questions about your experiences. Please be honest and forthright with your feedback. Sharing your point of view will help improve our customers’ products.
Q3. How do I take a test?
A: Tests come in a few different formats.
- If you accept a computer test, you’ll use our UserTesting Browser Recorder.
- If you accept a mobile test, you’ll either use our UserTesting App for iOS or our UserTesting App for Android.
- If you accept a Live Conversation test, you’ll speak with the customer directly in a video conference call via Zoom.
Test invitations are sent via email, but you can also see new tests become available on your dashboard if you are logged in on a web browser.
Q4. Who will see my tests?
A: Your completed tests may be shared with the customer who launched the test, their colleagues, and whomever else they choose to share your feedback with.
Q5. What kind of personal information do I have to provide?
A: You are never required to provide any personal information or purchase anything when testing. You can accept or decline any test that becomes available to you.
Some tests may ask you to provide a valid email or mailing address. We recommend creating a free email account (i.e. Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo) to use just for testing purposes. You can also use a fake mailing address. If you want to ensure that it’s valid, look up an address for a city office in your area and use this address when testing. To learn more about maintaining your privacy while testing, click here.
Q6. What are the Terms of Service for testing?
A: You can find our Terms of Service here. Here are some important points:
- You will provide us with accurate and up-to-date profile information.
- You will honestly answer screener questions and will not accept tests when you don’t meet the stated requirements.
- You might end up testing websites or apps that aren't public yet so you promise to keep all test information confidential.
- This means you will not copy or take screenshots of any part of a test.
- You will only create one account.
- You will not allow anyone else to use your account.
Q7. What if I want to delete my account?
A: Find instructions on deleting your account here.