How to grant microphone permission to the UserTesting Browser Recorder
In order to take tests, you need to grant microphone access to our recorder. You’ll be prompted to grant microphone access the first time you use our recorder in your browser. To grant access, click "Allow" on the message in the top-left of your browser window:
If you accidentally click "Block" or if you need to reset your permissions at any time, follow the steps listed here.
How to grant camera permission for Face Recording tests
If you choose to participate in Face Recording tests, you'll need to grant the UserTesting Browser Recorder access to your camera.
To grant camera access, click "Allow" when prompted to do so in the top-left corner of your browser window:
Once you do this, you should see the Camera Check populate with your camera's image. For more information about Face Recording tests, read here.
How to reset permissions
If you need to reset your permissions, you can do so in your browser settings by following the steps below at any time.
How to reset permissions in Chrome
1. Click the three dots in the top-right of your browser window, and navigate to Settings.
2. In your Settings, scroll down and click Site Settings in the Privacy and security section.
3. Under Permissions, click Camera or Microphone.
4. Click the arrow next to UserTesting.
5. Change your Microphone or Camera preferences from Block to Allow.
How to reset permissions in Firefox
1. Click the hamburger icon in the top right of the browser page, then navigate to preferences.
2. Navigate to the Privacy & Security section in the left-hand column, then click the Settings button next to the permission you need to reset.
3. In the window that pops up, click the dropdown menu next to UserTesting and change the selection to Allow. Click Save Changes in the bottom right when you're done.
How to reset permissions in Edge
1. Click the three dots in the top right of the browser window, then navigate to Settings.
2. Click on Cookies and Site Permissions in the left-hand column, then click the permission you need to reset.
3. In the Block section, click the trash can icon next to UserTesting. You'll be prompted to allow the microphone permission the next time you try to use our recorder.
How to reset permissions in Safari
1. Navigate to Safari > Preferences in the top left of your computer screen.
2. Click the Websites tab, find the permission you'd like to reset in the left-hand column, and change the selection to Allow next to UserTesting.
Thank you for taking the time to learn how to give microphone and camera permission to the UserTesting Browser Recorder. Happy testing!