After you’ve finished troubleshooting using our tips here, do a quick test recording to confirm that things are working on your end. We recommend recording yourself speaking for at least 30 seconds to best simulate a test environment.
Test your microphone by making a recording on this website: http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/.
- Click the blue “Start recording for free” button. There’s no need to sign up or create an account.
- Click "Open Screen Recorder Launcher" when prompted.
- Once the recorder opens, make sure you see green bars flashing in the "Narration" section. You do not need to select Computer Audio. Click the red "Rec" button to start your recording.
- Click the pause icon, and then click "Done". Select the "Save/Upload" option.
- Select “Save As Video File” and then “Publish” when prompted.
- You should be able to locate your saved file on your computer and listen to how your audio sounds.