Let’s get you set up and ready to share your feedback!
Learn how to:
- Download and install the UserTesting app for Android
- Start the session
- Report a problem or quit the session
- Submit the session recording
Download and install the UserTesting app for Android
If you’ve been invited to give feedback via an Android device, you’ll need to download and use the UserTesting App for Android.
When you tap the link in the invitation you received, you’ll review a page with more information about your session, like how much time it’ll take to complete and what type of device you should use.
To download and install the UserTesting iOS app, follow these steps:
- Tap the Get Started button.
- On the next screen, enter your email address so that we can identify you and direct you to the correct session once you download the app. Then tap, Download the UserTesting App, to continue.
- The Google Play Store page for the UserTesting App will open. Tap the Install button, to install the app on your device.
Start the session
Once you’ve installed the UserTesting app on your device, you’ll be ready to begin your session.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Open the UserTesting App. When you get to the sign-in screen, enter the email address where you received your invitation.
- Review the Quick Setup screen. For some tests, you may need to complete some additional steps so we can see where you tap on your screen during the session. Learn more about when and how you may need to show taps on your Android device.
- Tap the Start Quick Setup button to begin the Microphone Check. This helps to make sure that your microphone is working properly.
To complete the check, you’ll need to grant the app access to your microphone. When prompted, select the option to Allow UserTesting to record your audio while using the app.
- Speak loudly and clearly to complete the microphone check, and then tap the Task Button Tutorial button.
- Complete a short tutorial on how to use the task button during the session. Tap the task button to minimize ( - ) and maximize ( + ) the task instructions throughout the session when you need to view the website or test content.
- Review the reminders before starting your session, and then tap the Start test button when you’re ready to begin.
- Remember to use the task button ( - ) to minimize the task instructions and view the website, as needed. To maximize the task instructions, tap the task button ( + ) again.
Report a problem or quit the session
If you get stuck and either can’t complete a task or aren’t sure what to do next, you can tap the menu icon on the recorder to get help.
From the menu, you’ll have the option to:
Report a problem
Reporting a problem releases you from the session and sends a message to our Support Team, who will then follow up with the person who created the session.
Quit or exit the session
When you exit or quit the test, you’re released from the session without notifying our team.
Submit the session recording
Before you send your recording, you’ll have the chance to provide any final thoughts. This is a good opportunity to summarize your ideas or offer any other feedback you have.
When you tap the Stop Recording button, your session recording will begin uploading immediately. If you don’t want to submit your recording for any reason, please exit the session instead of tapping this button.
Wait for your recording to finish uploading, and then tap Done to exit the app.
If you made changes to your Developer Options, make sure to turn off developer mode by tapping Settings > Developer Options and toggling the setting off.