This article guides you through the steps required to allow screen recording and microphone access for the desktop recorder.
Allow the Microphone and Screen Recording Permissions
When you set up the desktop recorder for the first time, you’ll need to allow the Seamless Desktop Recorder to record your screen and access your microphone. If you haven’t yet allowed these permissions under your Security & Privacy settings, you’ll need to do so before you can continue your test.
Setup instructions for macOS Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey
1. Use the Copy URL button to grab the link to your test.
2. Click the Apple logo and select System Preferences.
3. Go to Security & Privacy.
4. Select the Privacy tab.
5. Select Microphone, and check the box next to your web browser.
6. Complete the same steps for Screen Recording.
7. Quit your browser to apply the settings.
8. Re-open the browser and use the URL you copied to complete the setup process.
Setup instructions for macOS Ventura
1. Click the Apple logo and select System Settings.
2. Select Privacy & Security.
3. Select Microphone and toggle on access for your web browser.
4. Complete the same steps for Screen Recording.
5. Re-open the browser and use the URL you copied to complete the setup process.