This article guides you through the steps required to allow camera access for the desktop recorder.
If you choose to participate in Face Recording tests, you'll need to allow this permission by following the instructions below.
Allow the Camera Permission
You may receive an invitation to complete a Face Recording test. This type of test allows the recorder to capture your facial expressions as you provide feedback, offering the customer greater insight into your impressions of their products and experiences. If you participate in a test that requires Face Recording, you’ll need to allow camera access.
If you haven't already allowed the microphone and screen recording permissions, you'll need to allow those permissions in addition to the camera permission. Otherwise, you’ll only need to adjust the privacy settings for your camera.
Setup instructions for macOS Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey
1. Use the Copy URL button to grab the link to your test.
2. Click the Apple logo and select System Preferences.
3. Go to Security & Privacy.
4. Select the Privacy tab.
5. Select Camera, and check the box next to your web browser.
6. Quit your browser to apply the settings.
7. Reopen the browser and use the URL you copied to complete the setup process.
Setup instructions for macOS Ventura
1. Click the Apple logo and select System Settings.
2. Select Privacy & Security.
3. Select Camera and toggle on access for your web browser.
4. Reopen the browser and use the URL you copied to complete the setup process.