This article guides you through the steps required to allow screen recording and microphone access for the Seamless Desktop Recorder.
📌 If you choose to participate in Face Recording tests, you'll also need to allow camera access. You can find instructions to allow this permission below.
Allow the Microphone and Screen Recording permissions
Allow the Camera permission
Allow the Microphone and Screen Recording Permissions
When you set up the desktop recorder for the first time, you’ll be prompted to allow access to your screen and microphone. If you haven’t yet allowed these permissions under your Security & Privacy settings, you’ll need to do so before you can continue to your test.
1. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
2. In the Privacy pane, mark the checkbox next to the browser you’re using for both the microphone and screen recording permissions. You’ll need to click the lock icon in the bottom-left and enter your administrator password to make changes.
3. Click the Quit & Reopen button to close your browser and apply the changes.
4. Re-open the browser, and use the URL you copied in the previous step(s) to complete the setup process.
Allow the Camera Permission
You may receive an invitation to complete a Face Recording test. This type of test allows the recorder to capture your facial expressions as you provide feedback, offering the customer greater insight into your impressions of their products and experiences. If you participate in a test that requires Face Recording, you’ll need to allow camera access.
If you haven't already allowed the microphone and screen recording permissions, you'll need to allow those permissions in addition to the camera permission.
To allow the camera permission, watch this video or follow the instructions below:
📌 If you’ve already followed the previous instructions to allow the microphone and screen recording permissions, you’ll only need to adjust the privacy settings for your camera.
1. Navigate to System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
2. With the Privacy pane open, find the Camera permission on the list to the left and check the box next to the browser you’re using.
3. When you see a prompt to quit your browser, click Quit & Reopen to close your browser and apply the changes.
4. Re-open the browser, and use the URL you copied to complete the setup process. Now you're ready to continue with your test!